Ways to Save on Health Insurance
Tax Credit Calculator
Getting health coverage outside Open Enrollment
When the Open Enrollment Period is over, you can enroll in a 2023 health insurance plan only if you have a life event that qualifies you for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
Life events that may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period:
- Getting married
- Having a baby
- Adopting a child or placing a child for adoption or foster care
- Losing other health coverage
- Moving to a new permanent residence (including permanently moving to the U.S. from a foreign country)
- Gaining citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S.
- Leaving incarceration
- For people already enrolled in a major medical plan:
- Having a change in income or household status that affects eligibility for premium tax credits or cost-sharing reductions
- Note: Voluntarily quitting a Marketplace plan mid-year doesn’t qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period.
Does your life change qualify you for a special enrollment period? A licensed health insurance agent can help you decide.
Call 888.807.3881 to speak one-on-one with a licensed insurance agent.
IMPORTANT: SEPs are for a limited time only, generally ranging from 30 to 60 days from the event. Anyone applying once his/her SEP has expired will not be able to make health insurance elections.
Get there fast